1.27.2014

What I Made Monday: January

My house always looks so dreary after the Christmas decorations come down, and I've made no secret of the fact that January is my least favorite month of the year. I made these snowflakes last year to try and spruce things up, but I needed something more. Nothing a trip to The Wood Connection can't fix!
 
simple snowman

Cole had to be a smart aleck and ask, "What's 'wonter'?"

 
These last little "signs" are actually made up of unfinished 4x6 and 5x7 wood blocks. unfinished candlesticks and nobs, and scrapbook paper. I followed an example they had at The Wood Connection and I really like how they turned out.

Stacking snowflakes
 
 
This snowflake was really meant to be a wall hanging (it's smaller than most door hangers), but I loved the simplicity and didn't really like any of the other winter door hangers. I painted one layer of dark brown paint, then painted the light blue on top and sanded the edges and roughed up the front so the brown showed through. Add the twine and the rusty snowflakes and I had myself a nice front door hanger.
 
I may hate January, but I don't hate my January decorations!


1 comment:

Dave and Lisa said...

For a lot of my "HOME" inserts Dave will say, "Hame, huh?" Or something like it. I feel your pain about having a smart alec husband. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...