1.24.2014

Lucas Can't Catch a Break...

Remember that one time Lucas stepped on a toothpick?

Yeah, that kid has bad luck.

The other night I was putting the boys to bed. Lucas was sitting near their bookcase when the cat came into the room.

*side note* I don't know if this is characteristic of all cats, but Felix has this mad desire to climb to the highest point of any room. Then, he whines if he can't find his own way down.

I didn't really pay Felix any notice because he likes to climb on the boys' beds and snuggle at night, so I figured that was his master plan. I was tucking Matthew in when I heard a crash and saw Felix fall and hit Lucas out of the corner of my eye.

Now, Lucas isn't really a huge fan of animals. He tolerates the cat because Felix lives with us, but he doesn't go out of his way to pet him or play with him. So when Lucas started to cry I figured it was just because the cat fell on him and he was startled. Then, he turned around and I recognized his "I'm hurt really bad" cry. He had a huge scratch from just under his eye down to his chin and one on his bottom lip, and both were oozing copious amounts of blood. I snatched him up and took him to the bathroom and yelled for Cole to come get him cleaned up so I could calm the other boys down. After Cole patched him up and we gave him a few snuggles Lucas was right as rain (I tell ya, this kid's a fighter...).

The next morning, it didn't even seem to bother him.


The best I can figure is Felix was trying to jump on to the boys' dresser (on his way to the top shelf in their closet, no doubt) and slipped on something that was sitting on top of it. When he fell his claws came out because he was trying to catch himself and he scratched Lucas on the way down. We're really fortunate he didn't get Lucas' eye--the scratch starts just below it. And, luckily, the scratch isn't too deep. Cole cleaned it out really well and put Neosporin on it, and we're going to keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't get infected.

Remind me to start wrapping Lucas in bubble wrap, because he seems to be a magnet for injuries right now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...