9.23.2013

What I Made Monday: "Fall"ing Leaves

I may have mentioned once a few times a million times before that fall is my favorite season. I just love it when the weather cools down and you pull the sweaters out and the leaves crunch on the sidewalk and football starts up again. The colors are so warm and comforting and, to me, romantic. I can't help but get a little bit giddy when September rolls around.
 
I'm also a little addicted to fall crafts. I'm not allowed to go to The Wood Connection for a couple of months because I'll bring home countless fall crafts, and, let's be honest, I don't really have space for them anymore. But, I did manage to get away with one more...
 

I put this together a little differently than I usually would. Typically I trace and cut out the paper before gluing it on, but I read a tutorial where the girl glued the paper on and then used sandpaper to sand excess paper off and wanted to try it. I think perhaps this wasn't the greatest project to test that technique on because of all of the edges and crannies--it took a lot more effort than I imagined. It's also not something you want to do unless you want a worn, rustic look. In any case, it was difficult but ended up being worth it on this project because I really like the way it turned out.

And now, I have to suffer through a Cole-imposed ban from The Wood Connection...at least until after Halloween when they bring out their Christmas crafts. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...