6.03.2013

What I Made Monday: Welcome Summer!

I'm not a summer weather girl. If it gets much hotter than 80 degrees, I whine and moan about how it's "so hot." I anticipate it will be worse this summer since I'm pregnant...

Anyway, even though I'd rather fast-forward through the next three months temperature-wise, I sure do love to decorate for summer! The colors are bright and happy and, in July's case, patriotic. I went on a crafting binge the last few weeks, so I cranked out several different decorations for summertime. I'll probably break them up into a few different posts, mostly so I can feel more productive as a blogger. :)

 

I got this beach ball door hanger on clearance at The Wood Connection. I'm not a huge fan of the yellow I chose; I wish I would have used a lighter shade. Also, the ribbon across the front is crooked, which makes me a bit crazy. But, I'm leaving it the way it is for now. If I get really desperate for projects, I'll sand the paint off and do it again.

 
I love flip-flops, so this project called my name as soon as I walked in. I love the sparkles and the fun colors...

 
and I love the polka-dot accent ribbon on the sides. I can't take credit for the idea, though--the sample at The Wood Connection did a similar thing with washi tape.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...