6.10.2013

What I Made Monday: I Wish I Had a Watermelon

For my family, watermelon is an essential part of summer. There's no greater joy than slicing into a big, juicy melon and discovering you "picked a winner." One of my most valuable skills is the ability to (generally always) pick a good watermelon (thanks, Mom and Grandpa Fernelius!). This watermelon trio perfectly sums up my childhood summers, with one exception: no REAL watermelon would be sitting out this long if my family were around!
 





I've really begun to enjoy more intricate projects, probably because they require more time to finish them (finishing a craft is bittersweet for me--it's nice to have a new decoration, but then it means the crafting is over!). This one was particularly time-consuming and required most, if not all, of the different crafting skills I have. Now that it's finished, it creates the perfect accent for my piano.

1 comment:

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

These are cute! They match your walls nicely too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...