6.24.2013

What I Made Monday: The Home of the Brave

I've always been a pretty patriotic person. I have a deep love for this country and all of those who serve and protect her. I can't make it through any patriotic songs without weeping in gratitude for all of the men and women who went before me, sacrificing their lives in defense of the United States of America. Perhaps that's why I've been so drawn to 4th of July crafts lately. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the holiday celebrations (I don't really like fireworks--I've had too many close calls because of less-than-careful users), but it is important to me to have reminders of the holiday in my home.

I think what I like the most about all of these projects is their simplicity. I typically have the urge to over-embellish my projects, but this time, the urge was absent. I guess subconsciously I just wanted to let the red, white, and blue stand for themselves.


This is the perfect addition to my piano for July



 
 

1 comment:

Andy said...

I have some of these to make too, been so busy with other stuff I may not get to them before Christmas.....Good thing my kitchen is Americana! Love wood connection it is my weakness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...