6.05.2013

(Not So) Wordless Wednesday: Guess What!

I had a prenatal check-up yesterday. I'm 17 weeks, and my doctor always offers to take a peek at the baby's gender around this time, even though our official midterm ultrasound is in a month. Of course we jumped at the chance. I was pretty "sure" I knew what it was going to be, but to my surprise...


F'real guys...I asked the tech twice if she was sure. 

Yeah, I'm posting her lady bits online...but hey, I have to be fair.
I DID post the ultrasounds of her brothers' manly parts.
Apparently, that's a pretty clear indication that it's a girl.

I didn't even sob uncontrollably! I teared up a bit, but that's all. Cole just grinned. He told me later that he wanted to do the "I Told You So" dance (from Scrubs) in the ultrasound room, but he thought it would be a bit much.


For the record, he really has been saying it's a girl almost from the beginning.

I also realized why I love my doctor so much. After we finished the check-up with him and headed into the ultrasound room, he snuck in behind us because he wanted to see what we were having, too (he's delivered my last two boys, so he's well-acquainted with us). It was awesome to see just how much he cares about his patients and how invested he is in their lives.

We, of course, had to do a little shopping.


Now she has something to wear home from the hospital...and that's about it. Guess I have a lot of shopping to do! *squeal*




2 comments:

Trisha said...

Holy Cow!! Congrats!! When I found out our surprise was girl my attitude completely changed: I was finally excited. Congratulations again!

Melinda said...

That's awesome. Congrats.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...