6.26.2013

Happy Birthday, Lucas!

My medium-sized boy turned 3 years old on Sunday.

I can't believe it's been 3 years already! He went from this...

 
to this...
 
 
in the blink of an eye!
 
There are so many things I love about Lucas:
--When I say he's my sunshine boy, I mean it. Even when days are hard, just looking at his face makes my heart light up. There is something about his smile that is contagious, and his giggles are one of the most heavenly sounds.
--He is the BEST snuggler. I can always count on him to sit on my lap or snuggle up next to me whenever I ask (and sometimes, even when I don't).
--He has the most tender heart. Even though we have tantrums every now and then (he IS 3, after all), they are very short-lived and he's back to his happy little self before I know it.
--He definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. He prefers to play by himself most of the time, and he is not easily persuaded to do anything he wants to do. In fact, he has perfected the art of ignoring anyone he doesn't want to talk to.
--He is FEISTY. If you get in his way, he'll definitely let you know. Matthew and the cat are the most frequent recipients of his ire.
--He is constantly moving. He loves to be outside. He loves to kick a ball around (and he's always been surprisingly coordinated at it!).
--He already loves his baby sister. He likes to talk to her in my belly on occasion.
--He is a creature of habit. He always asks me to read the same book and sing the same song before bed every night.
--I'm his favorite person in the world right now, and that makes my heart so happy.
 
Lucas brings so much joy and laughter into our home, and I'm so grateful to have him as a part of our family.
 
We celebrated by having Cole's family over for cake and ice cream (we celebrated with my family in April when my parents were here). It was so fun for the boys to have all of their cousins over to play! Thank you to all of our family members on both sides for their thoughtful gifts. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...