12.03.2012

What I Made Monday: "Tree-O"

For my other Christmas craft I chose a trio of trees. 

To be honest, I'm not really super happy with the way they look. Usually when I finish a craft there's this sense of completion--pleasure, even, that I've created something unique and beautiful. I didn't really get that sense when I finished these trees. I'm not really sure why, though. 

In an attempt to achieve that sense of completion I sponged brown paint around the edges of the trees and roughed up the edges of the blocks after I initially finished the project. It made me feel a little bit better about them, but I'm still not 100% in love with these trees. But, they make my bookcase look a little more festive, so they've earned a place of honor in my living room.

before adding the paint and sanding

after adding the paint and sanding

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Probably the best blog title I've ever seen. #ilovewordplay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...