9.14.2012

Friday Letters

Dear Matthew,
You must be going through a growth spurt, because your extremely predictable night time routine has completely fallen apart and you feel the need to eat every two hours. I'm not sure you even did that as a newborn! I have to admit, it's taken its toll on me, but that doesn't mean I love you any less. It just means I'm more tired. In other news, you are now a master roller. You stay on your back for probably 0.5 seconds before flipping onto your belly. Pretty soon you'll be scooting around to get what you want, and then it's all downhill from there. I tried sitting you up by yourself today, and you did a pretty good job! You are still just a teeny-weeny guy (hoping to break 13 lb. by your well-visit later this month!), so it looks so funny to see you doing all this big-boy stuff. I think you've also truly found your voice, because you started yelling when you want attention, particularly from your brothers. I love you so much, little peanut, even though you make it practically impossible to get anything done some days (like today, for example).

Love, 
Mama


Dear Library,
I can't believe I waited so long to come back around (although, $13.60 in fines definitely explains why I avoided you)! I need to start making a list of what I want to find before I come, because I always end up wandering the aisles aimlessly, a little overwhelmed. I love that my boys enjoy visiting you as well. It would make me so happy if they turned out to be voracious readers, like I was. I promise we'll continue to make weekly visits, which will help avoid fines.

Obsessively, 
an incurable bookworm

 *NOTE TO ANYONE READING: if you have book recommendations, please share them.*


Dear Cole,
I'm sorry I've been super cranky the last couple of days. It gets extremely frustrating when the baby decides not to sleep. I promise I still love you--I'm just really jealous of your mostly uninterrupted nights of sleeping. Also, I'm sorry if I disappear into books more often. 

With love, 
your tired wife

P.S. So, I have a confession to make...there has been more than one occasion where I seriously wanted to punch you while you were sleeping, just so you would be awake like I was and would have to share in my pain. Sorry.
P.P.S. I'm wicked proud of you for your new job and just generally being awesome at work. 


Dear Talk for Sacrament Meeting,
Can you please write yourself? I know, I know, I volunteered to speak (AMITOTALLYCRAZYORWHAT?!?), but that means this talk has to be killer awesome! Besides, my baby doesn't want me to put him down, and it's kind of hard to type a talk with the six-month-old trying to "help."

Glumly,
one who regrets volunteering to speak, no matter how important she thinks it is


Dear Kyle,
I am SO PROUD of you! I love that you love going to school. I love picking you up and hearing what you learned for the day. I love that you have been practicing writing As whenever you get a chance. I love that you're writing your name on every scrap piece of paper you can find. I hope you never EVER lose your love of learning. I think next year we're going to have to make sure you are in a morning kindergarten class, because going to school wears you out. You've started to take naps again, which is quite nice for me. :) You're such a great big brother--Matthew smiles the biggest for you, and Lucas always wants to do whatever you're doing (you're even letting him play with you now, which is pretty awesome). I can't believe you're turning 5 next month! You're growing up so fast! I'm glad you'll still snuggle with me, though--you'll never be too big to do that. :) I love you, Kyle-man!

Love,
Mom


Dear Steamed Broccoli on my plate,
You taste fabulous right now, especially since you're covered in cheese sauce. I almost feel guilty for how much of you I'm eating, until I remember that the cheese sauce is only costing me 2 Points Plus and you're free free free!

Nom nom nom,
this munching luncher


Dear BYU Football team,
I love you. I will always love you. But you know what would be awesome? If you would kick trash tomorrow. Freals.

Hopefully,
a true blue fan


Dear Quadriceps (and calves, and hamstrings, and virtually every muscle in my legs),
I'm sorry you're sore. But, I'm also not sorry, because that soreness reminds me that I ran 3 miles on Tuesday (only stopping to walk once), which is something I NEVER thought I could do. So, even though it hurts to go up and down stairs, it's worth every step.

Proudly,
this fledgling runner


Dear Lucas,
I love your face. I love that you tell me you love me all the time now. I love the impromptu hugs you give me when I help you get dressed in the morning. I don't love that your tantrums are getting more frequent, but I understand it's a phase. They usually don't last very long (because you are WAY less stubborn than Kyle), and then you're my sweet, sunshiney boy again. You talk all.the.time now, and I love hearing all of the new things you say. I may be the only person in the world that understands you, but I'm so tickled every time you say something new. I love that your "car noises" sound more like "crash noises" and are actually quite alarming. I love that you look for "Tyle" every time he's at school. I love that you get so excited and tell me "Look! I find ____" about a million times a day. You're obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and you'd watch it all day if I let you. Most of all, I love that you're the biggest snuggle-bug in the world. Lukie snuggles are the best!

I love you!
Mommy


Dear Bikini in my bottom drawer,
I WILL look good in you in December.

Determinedly,
Jessica

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Have you tried Goodreads? Its a great place to find books.

Devri said...

What?! You're going to wear a bikini?

Brian and I read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. A little more fantasy than I'm used to, but it has a love story, and I liked it. Beware that it is a little violent in parts.

Jessica said...

Melinda: I've heard of Goodreads, but I've never actually looked at it. I really should, since I burn through books so fast and always need new ideas.

Devri: The bikini is really more of a symbolic thing--I want to look good enough to wear it. I bought it on super clearance, and if I actually do wear it, it'll only be in the company of my husband. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...