2.27.2012

Nursery Decor

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the kinds of things I want to use to decorate Matthew's room. I have a few ideas (see this post for one idea), but I've had a hard time imagining what I want the room to look like because we haven't been able to actually start working on the room yet. Plus, I want to keep everything on the inexpensive side (because who doesn't like to save money?).

I want the general look to coordinate with the bedding we chose:

Sumersault Pop Dot crib bedding set

So, we're painting the walls this color...

Vanilla Brandy

with accents of this color...

Fudge

We've removed the closet door and we're going to paint the interior of the closet this color...

Lettuce Alone

I played around with the idea of painting brown and green circles to accent the tan walls, but it looked super time-intensive with lots of room for error. Since I didn't want to make Cole's life unnecessarily hard, I decided to go with another idea I thought was cute:

Picture and idea courtesy of this website

Our stripe will be brown and the circles will be tan and green, but this gives the general idea of what I want to do on the wall over the crib.

As I've perused the internets I've also become enamored of subway art. I tried to find a free (or dirt cheap) printable that I could use for a wall decoration, but nothing was clicking for me. Then, I found a tutorial for making subway art using Picnik, a free photo editing website (which, unfortunately, is closing April 19). I've used Picnik before, so I thought I'd give it a try. This was my finished product:


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Now all I have to do is get an 8x10 print made and buy an inexpensive frame.

I'm really hoping to get all of my decoration ideas firmed up in the next week or so. My brother's fiance is currently living with us, and after they get married in two weeks we'll have approximately two weeks to get everything put together before the little mister makes his appearance.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

http://0.tqn.com/d/familycrafts/1/0/7/R/3/Embroidery-Hoop-Wall-Hanging-Craft.jpg

I've been working on a gift for matthew...This is the idea ^, but with solid colors that match your baby bedding set. So I guess I should show you it so you can maybe find a place to hang them in his room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...