1.17.2012

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...

I mentioned that I'm planning on redecorating the nursery for new baby when he comes. One of the ideas I had is something I NEVER thought I'd consider, mostly because I think it's super trendy and I usually poke fun at trendy stuff rather than embrace it. But, for some reason, I'm a little jazzed about this. I want to put a vinyl saying on the wall that has something to do with little boys. First of all, is this totally lame? Second of all, if it's NOT totally lame I have a few ideas, and I want to know what y'all think is the best. Also, if you have any good suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

#1: "God made the little boys for fun, for rough and tumble times of play." ~Edgar Guest
#2: "A boy's will is the wind's will. And the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
#3: "Mothers of little boys work from son up until son down." ~Unknown
#4: "My lovely little boy, My hope, My nap, my love, My life, my joy." ~Guillaume De Salluste Du Bartas
#5: "With little boys, you always know where you stand...right in the path of a hurricane." ~Erma Bombeck
#6: "Two small arms to hold you tight, two small feet to run, two small eyes full of love for you, one small son." ~Unknown
#7: "There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
#8: "A boy is truth with dirt on his face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket." ~Alan Marshall Beck
#9: "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." ~Mark Twain
#10: "Nobody knows what a boy is worth, And the world must wait and see; For every man in an honored place, Is a boy that used to be." ~Phillips Brooks

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I like the frog in the pocket quote and the son up until son down. Too cute!

Yamber said...

I like #1, 8 and 10. I think the vinyl lettering will look great in a nursery.

Amy said...

Here is one that has been floating around pinterest. I think it's funny.

http://pinterest.com/pin/313529428/

that's what she said...

Here are a couple that I love....

'How is it possible that out of all the little boys in the whole world...we got the best ones?'

OR

'So many of my smiles begin with you'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...