1.12.2012

Christmas in January!

Cole and I don't typically exchange gifts for Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Neither one of us is particularly big on giving or receiving gifts as a sign of affection or devotion (which is one reason why we are quite perfect for one another); plus, we don't always have an abundance of money to spend and what we DO have we'd rather spend on the kids.  However, every now and then when we have a little extra we splurge on something we both really want.

Cole and his brothers all enjoy video games. It's one of the ways in which they bond and enjoy one another's company. After spending some quality time together during the holidays, Cole was pretty enamored of the new XBox 360 with Kinect. So, being the awesome wife that I am, I told him he could buy one for himself. I don't think I've ever seen him get so emotional (even during the births of our children!). Seriously--if he could have promised me his firstborn son as repayment he would have (which wouldn't have made sense anyway, since he already belongs to me and some days, I'm not sure I want him). Instead, I settled for his eternal soul and some desires of my own heart.

Since this baby is our third boy and I'm a frugal sort of person, he'll probably spend most of his life wearing and playing with hand-me-downs. I really wanted him to have something special, just for him, and I found the perfect bedding set. It's green and brown and totally adorable. The set came with the comforter, fitted sheet, dust ruffle, bumper pads, a soft fleece blanket, a diaper stacker, a valance for the window, and three coordinating wall hangings.

Wall hangings

Diaper stacker

Bumper pads

Comforter
So, this bedding set OBVIOUSLY didn't cost as much as a new XBox. Don't worry. My end of the deal was more than fair...because I also picked up a new ride for the boys...

Joovy Caboose Stand On Tandem Stroller in Appletree
We've needed a new stroller for a while now, but I was super reluctant to go the traditional double stroller route--they're either too wide or too long to be manageable. I'd seen the Baby Trend version of a Sit 'N Stand stroller and fell in love with the style, so I shopped around a little and found this one. I LOVE the color, it had overwhelmingly positive reviews, and it was a great price. When it arrived yesterday, the boys were just as excited as I was--anything with wheels gets their motors running. They watched impatiently as I put the wheels on, then had a great time climbing in and out of both seats. With all the excitement in the air we just had to take it for a test drive.

The sun was in Kyle's eyes, but check out the pure joy on Lucas' face!

Lucas in the front...

Kyle in the back

Our first ride was a success! It was pretty easy to maneuver, and both boys had a great time! I foresee lots of long walks with this baby.

We've now met our gifts quota for the next five years, so it's a good thing we are enjoying our selections!

2 comments:

that's what she said...

Sounds like nice Christmas presents to me, even in January! Glad you were able find something special for the baby. I'm having to do it more than I originally planned for #3....our crib is a deathtrap and one side the wood is cracked and the rail falls out....yuck. lol. So now I'm crib shopping. Oh well, we got it for $50 at a garage sale so I don't feel too bad about buying one new this time... :)

Natalie said...

sounds fun! glad everyone in the family got something exciting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...