11.22.2011

Matthew's Photo Shoot

We had our official midterm ultrasound on Nov. 15. Even though we already knew the gender of the little munchkin, we were still excited to get a more in-depth look at him and make sure that everything was growing properly. 
CLEARLY he's still a boy...and not the slightest bit shy
If you look closely, you can see him giving us a thumb's up here :)
We were happy to find out that everything is looking great and measuring right on course. I was even happier to find out that the boy is already head-down, face-down—in other words, he’s “assuming the position” for labor and delivery, which generally indicates a faster, easier labor (and who wouldn’t want that?!?!?). My doctor said he’s unlikely to change position from here on out, so fingers crossed for that.
My doctor tried for about 10 minutes to get a good profile shot, but because he's face- and head-down, it's virtually impossible. So, he settled for a pretty cool one of his spine

The little guy was kicking up a storm during the entire ultrasound, and I remembered how surreal it is to simultaneously see the baby moving on the ultrasound and feel him moving in my belly.

The only downside to the appointment? Finding out I gained 8 pounds in the last month. 8 POUNDS! But, since I lost weight in the first trimester,  that only puts me at 10 pounds so far for this pregnancy (not that I’m stressing about weight gain, because I’m totally not).

1 comment:

Brenda Sue said...

I know how it goes to lose weight the first trimester. With my first I only gained 8 pounds total. Granted I was so sick I lost 15 pounds the first trimester. I Loved my ultrasounds. It was always so fun to see them move and feel the movement at the same time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...