10.11.2011

Fall Has Fallen at Our House!

Ever since we moved in to our own place, I've been DYING to have decorations for all of the seasons of the year. Unfortunately, I'm not particularly crafty, nor am I particularly wealthy, so I've gone pretty decoration-free for the last year.

Luckily, this year will be different, thanks to some very talented ladies in my ward who hold boutiques in the fall. I spent a little bit of money but got a LOT of good things. I also tried my hand at being a bit crafty and I'm happy with the result.

I'm not really keen on going over-the-top on my holiday decorations. That works for some people (like my mother-in-law, who seriously goes ALL OUT and it looks awesome), but I'd rather keep them to one specific location. Luckily, I have a nifty bookcase with little nooks that is just perfect for this type of thing. So yes, even though it may pale in comparison to some holiday displays, I feel quite festive. :)

The complete bookcase





"Eat Drink and be Scary!"


This is the bit of crafting I did myself. I have one for Thanksgiving, and I plan on making one for just about every month of the year because they're so easy.

4 comments:

Yamber said...

Fun decorations and I love your crafty idea! I may have to steal it and make some for my house.

The Bradys said...

That plate is soooo cute...I vote you do a little tutorial for it;). Or at least tell me what you used to make it...

Brittany said...

it all looks sooo cute!

Mrs. Jaybird said...

Sometimes, I wish I cared more about being all crafty and cute. Maybe I will when we get a new house?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...