10.18.2011

4 Years Ago...

I became a mommy.


It was a long, hard wait, but you are worth it.

Since then, you've grown faster than I hoped you would. Every day I'm amazed at how much you learn and absorb from your surroundings.

You love to sing Primary songs, and you know every word of all of our program songs. I think that is pretty impressive.

You love books, letters, and words. Everywhere we go you try to sound out the words you see, and if you can't figure it out, you ask us to help. I'm confident you'll be reading by the end of the year or shortly after.

You love your brother.


You may not always get along, but I know you're best buddies.

You're affectionate and attentive to others' emotions. Whenever I'm having a hard day, I can always rely on you to climb in my lap to snuggle and give me a kiss. You're not embarrassed to tell me that you love me where everyone can hear you...yet. :)

I couldn't have chosen a better son than you, Kyle. No matter how big you grow, you'll always be my little boy, and, to quote a book that you love but I can't ever read to you without sobbing,

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be."


Happy 4th birthday, Kyle!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I bought that book last week when I bought Kyle's birthday present. I cried through the entire book. It truly hit every heart string. I can't imagine Jack as old as kyle is :( I bet it went lighting fast. Wish I could slow time down. Kyle is so big. I met him when he was 3 months old and I can't believe he is now 4 years and 1 day old! He is not only a beautiful little boy, but a smarty pants. I love that I can really have a full on conversation with him and that in the middle of him telling me a VERY interesting story he will just say, "I love you Brittany." out of the blue. You have raised quite the lover. We all love him so much. Good job Jessica! I think mommies should get flowers on their babies birthday's ( I started doing that for my mom this year, after I realized what it feels like to be a mom). It's just a reminder of how much a mother does for their child and a reminder of that special day that you worked so hard to get that boy of yours here!

Devri said...

That is an awesome cake! Wow, what a big boy! Happy Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...