7.14.2011

Fun-Filled Weekend-Palooza

Ok, so you know why I'm a terrible blogger? We go out and do a bunch of fun stuff, but do I ever take any pictures? No. I'm too busy being busy or having fun to actually take pictures...which, I guess, is the point of doing fun things, but it sure makes for boring blog posts. So, I apologize in advance that this post will contain only borrowed pictures to break up the monotony of my commentary. Moving right along...

As was previously mentioned, June 30 was Cole's and my 5-year anniversary. We don't usually make a big deal out of our anniversaries, but since this one marked FIVE WHOLE YEARS, we decided to do something a little bigger than usual. The boys got to spend the night at Grandma and Papa's house, and we stayed overnight at the Anniversary Inn, something we haven't done since we got married. Before we checked into our room, however, we spent Thursday afternoon getting pampered here:

Image from here
We indulged in a couple's massage and pedicures, and let me tell you, it was totally worth it. It was so nice to relax, forget all of our worries, and let others take care of us for a few hours. Cole was a little bit apprehensive at first, but he emphatically decided that we should make it a yearly tradition.

After our pampering at the spa, we headed over to the Anniversary Inn. After much deliberation I chose the Tuscany room for our stay, and we were not disappointed. The room looked like something right out of old Italy, which was right up my alley (FYI, Italy would be my absolute DREAM vacation). There was even a fountain in the room, which I insisted we keep on all night to maintain the ambience.

Check out more pictures of our awesome room here
Unfortunately, the sound of running water kept Cole up during the night running to the bathroom. Oops.

Sanctuary was running a promotion with their couple's massages that included a $100 gift card to Fleming's Steak House on which we decided to capitalize, so we got all dressed up and headed there for dinner.

Image from here
The food was absolutely fabulous! We ate until we were stuffed, and the chef sent us out a little box of truffles in honor of our anniversary. We were only a little dismayed when we realized that the meal for the two of us used up our ENTIRE $100 gift card (and then some)--but, since it was a special occasion, we figured it was ok (incidentally, I can't BELIEVE people frequently spend so much money just for food!)

We headed back to our hotel room and enjoyed one kid-free night of sleep--possibly the best part of the whole outing. The next morning we scarfed down the wonderful breakfast provided by the Anniversary Inn, checked out, and headed to pick up the boys. It was a fun couple of days, but we had to get ready for our next adventure: camping with the fam.

We spent Friday-Monday camping at Payson Lakes (I'm convinced there's no prettier place on earth) with almost my entire extended family.

Image from here.
We spent all Saturday at the lake, enjoying the sun and the downtime. I spent most of the time under the awning and away from the sun, since my lily-white skin burns if I even THINK about the sun. Even so, I managed to get a pretty uncomfortable burn on my shoulders because I didn't move my chair as the sun moved throughout the day...even though I had sunscreen on. My aunt and uncle brought several home-made kayaks (which were totally awesome) so we all took turns on the lake riding around in them. Kyle absolutely loved it, and would go out with just about anyone. Overall, Kyle really loved the lake; he even got in, fully-clothed, on Friday night, even though the water couldn't have been any warmer than 60 degrees. Lucas, on the other hand, was not really a fan. We put him in his little floatie, but he freaked as soon as the cold water touched his legs. He enjoyed crawling around in the dirt and eating every snack he could get his hands on, though.

We spent time playing games together and laughing around the fire and having an all-around good time. My mom is the ultimate s'mores lady--she brought up 6 different kinds of marshmallows to toast (FYI, toasted coconut marshmallows make THE best s'mores, no contest). She also brought Reese's PB cups in addition to Hershey's bars to put in the s'mores, which I heard was pretty scrumptious. The weather was beautiful and the company was great. It was the perfect way to end our 5-day weekend.

1 comment:

Brad and Hailey said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...