6.02.2011

Thankful Thursday

Today, I'm thankful for this crazy guy...

This is his go-to picture face.  I can't even count how many pictures we have like this.
He took a huge step toward the future and started school again last month.  This is a big deal for him, because he's not really the book-learnin' type.  Sitting in a classroom is not his cup of tea--he'd much rather learn in a hands-on, real-world setting.  But, he recognized the value of a college education, figured out a way to fit it into his schedule, and enrolled in classes.  I can't even begin to describe how PROUD I am of him.  He probably gets sick of hearing it--I tell him about 7,000 times a day.

This is what a typical day looks like for him: get up at 5 to get to work by 6; work until 2:30; come home to play with the boys, have a quick dinner, and finish up any homework; get to class by 5:30; get home from class at 9:30, help get the boys down for bed and do homework; hit the sack around 11:30.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm not really sure how he's functioning...especially on so little sleep.  I can't drag my sorry behind out of bed if I get less than 8 hours of sleep these days (LAZY!).

Did I mention that he's doing this so I can continue to stay home with our boys?  Yeah, I think he's Superman.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

What a nice honey you have. I'm grateful for sweet husbands who really take care of their families...we both got suuuper lucky enjoy your day!

Natalie Sadler said...

Good for Cole! My sister's husband is the exact same way. When they got married, he didn't even have his high school diploma. But my sister really stuck it to him and he got his GED, and now, almost four years later, he has enrolled in technical courses for machinist. We are so proud of him. It really makes a difference!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...