6.01.2011

Not-So-Wordless Wednesday: Grandpa Buddy

The boys absolutely loved hanging out with their Grandpa Buddy!

We took advantage of the long holiday weekend and road-tripped down to Hurricane, UT (about 25 min. north of St. George) to visit Cole's grandparents.  The kids did surprisingly well in the car on the way down--probably because they were coming off a Thomas the Tank Engine high (another post about that some other day).  We got there late Friday night and spent a couple of great days with "Grandpa Buddy" and "Grandma Sandy."  The boys absolutely loved all of the attention they got!  It was a nice, relaxing weekend; besides dinner out on Saturday night with one of Cole's best friends from high school and his almost-fiance, we mostly hung around the house and played cards (I learned I'm crazy awful at spades).

I'm really glad we took the time to visit them, because I feel really strongly about my kids developing a relationship with their great-grandparents when they have the opportunity.  When I was growing up, we lived close to one of my two living sets of great-grandparents, and I have a lot of cherished memories of spending time with them.  I want my kids to have the same fond memories of their great-grandparents as well.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I want to know who the almost engaged friend is...

Cole said...

Lindsey: It's Corbyn. They know they're getting married, but he hasn't asked her "officially" yet. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...