4.25.2011

What I Made Monday

So, a couple of weeks before Easter, my mom's ward had an enrichment activity all about cute Easter ideas.  Now, I'm not usually a super crafty gal, but this activity pushed my creative buttons.  

For our nieces and nephews on the Christensen side, I made these cute little bunnies.  They were SUPER easy: a washcloth, ribbon, googly eyes, a little puffball for a tail, and a hot glue gun.  VOILA!  There's a hole big enough to fit a treat.

Army of washcloth bunnies
Side view
 For the grown-ups, I thought I'd do something a little more sophisticated.  :)  A lady in my mom's ward has been making peanut butter Easter eggs for years and years, and she shared her recipe at the activity.  Turns out they're extremely easy to make, and the end result looks fancy and impressive.  I mixed up a batch and it made enough eggs for Cole's parents; his brothers and their wives; my counselors, secretary, chorister, and pianist in Primary; and Cole's Sunday School class...with leftovers.

Yummy, peanut buttery goodness in egg form...
Dipped in chocolate...
Embellished with cute Easter chicks...
Cellophaned and Bowed...
Makes for some awesome Easter gifts!
I don't want to brag (actually.yes.I.do.a.little.bit), but I've gotten numerous compliments on my egg-making prowess.  I think this might be the start of a new Easter tradition!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Those look great! Peanut Butter Easter eggs are my favorite! I would love that recipe ;)

Natalie Sadler said...

Um, yes. I think we need a recipe. If you want to keep being friends that is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...