5.05.2011

Easter 2011

I've been meaning to blog about Easter for a while now, but it's like I've had writer's block...only about Easter, though, because I haven't had any trouble blogging about anything else...weird.

Anywho, Easter this year was pretty fun, because Kyle is old enough to understand everything.  Because Cole and I wanted to dedicate Easter Sunday to the true meaning of Easter, we asked the Easter Bunny to make a special stop at our house on Saturday morning.

On Friday night, I told Kyle we were going to leave Easter baskets out for the Easter Bunny to fill with surprises.  He thought this was a pretty cool idea.  I asked him if he thought we should leave a snack for the Easter Bunny, and he told me we should leave carrots, celery, apples, and a glass of milk.  So, we did.  He also insisted on leaving the baskets on the piano bench.

Cheeseball Kyle 
Yummy snack for the Easter Bunny
Lucas showing love to the camera--like always
We woke up the next morning to full Easter baskets and an empty plate!  Looks like the Easter Bunny enjoyed his snack.

The Easter Bunny even left something for Mom and Dad...
and he left us a note!
Kyle was pretty excited about all the stuff he got, and he got a little testy when we wouldn't let him play with all of it.  But, we had to head off to Bumpy and Gammy's house for their annual breakfast and Easter egg hunt.  Kyle had a lot of fun searching the backyard for easter eggs.


Lucas didn't really get what was going on...
Kyle with all of his loot
The Easter Bunny paid a visit to Gammy's house, too!  We ended up leaving with a truckload of candy.  Then, we headed over to Grandma and Papa's house for a barbecue and games.  We got the surprise of our lives when Chris and Brittany showed up, though.  Brittany came in first and said, "We brought a surprise with us."  She was followed by my brother carrying...Baby Jack!  He had been in the NICU for 2 weeks and none of us expected him to get out for a while.  Needless to say, we shrieked and cheered and cried a little bit.

Uncle Cole and Baby Jack-Jack
Aunt Jessica and Baby Jack-Jack
Kyle enjoying a cheeseburger
After lunch, we played a few rounds of "Boxers or Briefs?" and tried out my mom's new game, "Pass the Popcorn," which was a smash hit.  The Easter Bunny paid a visit to Grandma's house too, and the boys got more loot.

Even though we had tons of fun on Saturday, we made sure that Kyle knew the real reason for Easter.  Between our conversations with him and what he learned in Primary, I think he got a pretty good understanding of the Savior and his life, death, and resurrection.  He still says to me, "Mom, let me tell you about Jesus" at least once a day and relates the story to me...I love to hear him say the word "resurrected."

We are eternally grateful to the Savior and His sacrifice, especially at this time of year.  We're so thankful for the opportunity we have to repent of our sins and be made clean again through His Atonement and for the chance that we have to live together forever.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

P.S. I also just finished a post I started the day after Easter showing the gifts I made...check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...