12.13.2010

Two-Month Catch-Up

I can't believe it's been two months since I last blogged! I'm officially a blogging loser. At least this post will be chock full of exciting information because I have so much to catch up on.

Kyle turned 3! To celebrate, my family went to Chuck E. Cheese, and I think the adults had much more fun than the kid! We pooled all of our tickets and used them to get prizes for Kyle, one of which was this:

We opened presents at Grandma's house afterward, and Kyle's favorite present, by far, was this:

For Lucas' Halloween costume, we were planning on re-using the hot dog costume that Kyle wore as a baby. I kept thinking it would be PERFECT if we could find a coordinating costume for Kyle to wear...



The boys looked so cute! Lucas wasn't a huge fan of his costume, so he didn't really wear it for very long. I made sure he still looked festive, though...


Cole and I needed to have costumes for my family's Halloween party, so we decided to stick with the theme:


(In case you can't tell, Cole is Heinz ketchup and I'm French's mustard.)

Lucas keeps growing and growing! He's already outgrown most of his 3-6 month clothes and I've had to start pulling out the next size up--he's a little chunker! He still loves to nurse, and he's started to show a real interest in our food, so we're planning on starting him on solids on Christmas eve--the day after his six-month mark. He is definitely my calm, content child. When I set him down on the floor or in his swing or anywhere else, he'll entertain himself and stay happy unless he gets tired or hungry. He can roll from his belly to his back and vice versa, but he doesn't very often because he's just content to be where he is. He's happy and smiling 90% of the time, and he can always make us laugh and smile.

Kyle is the mover and shaker. He's been potty trained for a couple of months now, and he's still extremely proud of himself every time he goes. He loves to sing the ABCs and has begun to recognize and correctly identify capital letters. He had a BLAST playing outside in the snow--we got more than two feet at our house last month! He's really excited for Christmas, and he keeps thinking of things that he wants "maybe for Christmas" (that's what we tell him when he asks for things and now he says it all the time). He still loves Thomas the Tank Engine (and trains of any kind, really). He's the best big brother and Lucas just loves him.

I'm still enjoying my calling in the Young Women, and I found out that the YW president in my ward wants me to play an active role in helping our girls with their Personal Progress! I've spent a lot of time thinking up activities and ideas to motivate our young women to enjoy working on personal progress and I'm thrilled at the chance it will give me to get to know all of them better. I've recently had a burst of creativity and I've finished several pages in our family scrapbook. I've also finished several backgrounds; all I need to do with those is add pictures. I'm really looking forward to our first Christmas in our house! I committed a holiday faux pas (well, in my opinion) and started putting up the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. I guess all the snow we got put me in the mood. :) It's been so much fun to have our own space to decorate this year.

Cole left his job in Park City and started working in customer service for Verizon Wireless. He's just about finished with training, and he's already a star! The higher-ups have asked him to apply not only for the supervisor position but also for the trainer position! For now, he's decided to stay on the call floor, in part because the money's better, but also because the hours are more flexible...when he goes back to school! Right now, we're shooting for him starting in the spring or possibly the fall, but we're committed to getting him through as fast as possible. He had to have surgery at the end of October to repair an inguinal hernia. He got all patched up and is feeling good as new!

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun! We spent it with my mom's extended family in Payson. The family has gotten so big that we've started to reserve a church building in order to have enough space for everyone! Cole and I made the stuffing for the big event, which was really neat. We used an old family recipe of Cole's that his mom makes every year, and it turned out really great! I also made a coconut cream pie, which was also a pretty big hit. We played games and ate and had a really good time. We also got together with Cole's family the night before Thanksgiving to play games. It's so nice to have our families so close to each other so we can spend so much time with both of them!

That's about all of the info I have for now. Hopefully I'll be more on the ball with the blogging (but I make no guarantees). :) I'll finish with a picture of my cute boys...oh, how we love them!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

<3 the last picture, such cute nephews I have!

Devri said...

Cute boys! We need to get together again. Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...