8.11.2010

Busy Busy Busy!

Life has been crazy in the best possible way. We absolutely love being a family of four!

Kyle is still so enamored of Lucas. I thought that after the novelty wore off that he'd lose interest a little bit, but he's still so excited every time he's around Lucas. He says "Lucas my friend best" all the time, and he always wants to hold and talk to Lucas. I know they're going to be best buddies.

Lucas is still the sweetest little guy! He eats like a champ, which is quite the relief. I was afraid that he'd stop nursing, like Kyle did, but so far, so good. I'm proud to say that Lucas has never had a bottle! (I guess that's not really much of an achievement for most people, but for me, it's a HUGE deal.) He's quickly becoming quite a chunker! Lucas already weighs more than Kyle did at two months, and Lucas was a pound less to start with! The only downside is that I feel like I'm nursing ALL THE TIME...but it's totally worth it. He's sleeping really well. He typically wakes up between 2 and 2:30 and again between 5:30 and 6 to eat. The nicest thing is that I don't nurse him to sleep -- after he finishes eating I lay him down and he falls asleep by himself. That was the hardest thing about Kyle early on -- he wasn't a stellar sleeper. I've been reluctant to move Lucas to his room because it's further for me to go for nighttime feedings, so he's still sleeping in our room. Of course, as soon as I move him I bet he'll sleep through the night...Anyway, Lucas has started to smile pretty frequently now, and I'm secretly pleased that most of his smiles are for me. He has quite a few for his older brother, though, and Daddy gets his fair share. Lucas is becoming a lot more interactive with us, and he's started to coo when we talk to him. It's so fun to have him growing, but I can't believe how time has flown by!

I continue to be amazed at how different my recovery has been after Lucas' birth. I'm convinced that I recovered so well because I didn't have an epidural for this birth...and I've decided that unless I feel it's absolutely necessary, I'm going to forgo pain medication with all subsequent births. At least now I know that I can handle the pain. :) It's just been so worth it to feel so good all the time. It's like I'm still riding the birthing high 7 weeks later.

In other news, my youngest brother-in-law (who is really more like my younger brother) is getting married this weekend! Congratulations to Adam and Joan!

Anyway, that's our boring life update.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I appreciate the family of four insight, since that is where we are headed! I'd like to try no epidural but I'm still unsure.

Carl and Steph said...

Au natural is definately a faster recovery! I took a little walk day 3 after Abbie was born. I felt THAT good (but that was probably overdoing it.) I was more able to wake myself up to nurse at night too. A definate plus for baby. And YEA for 4 hours of sleep at night. Simply heavenly.

Do you suppose there is a connection between an unmedicated birth and a more adept nurser? I have my suspicions that when momma isn't doped up, neither is baby. Thus baby also recovers faster and can hone his/her nursing skills faster.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...