4.19.2010

30 Weeks

I hit the 30-week mark this last Friday. I know it sounds cliche, but I can't even believe how fast this pregnancy has gone! In 10 weeks or less, we'll have 2 KIDS. Weird.

Anyway, I'm still convinced that was bigger when I was pregnant with Kyle...here's a little photographic evidence...


30 weeks pregnant with Lucas

30 weeks pregnant with Kyle

It totally blows my mind how different these two pregnancies have been. Lucas is extremely active ALL THE TIME. Kyle was active too, but I don't remember his movements being constant. The only time I don't feel Lucas move is when I'm asleep...and that doesn't mean that he's NOT moving; it just means that I'm unconscious. I've also noticed that Lucas hasn't gotten the hiccups at all. Kyle got them at least 3 times every day. Lucas also gets his feet up in my ribs all the time...which is rather unpleasant. Kyle never did that. It will be interesting to see how different their dispositions are after Lucas is born. I was hoping for a quieter child, but I'm thinking that Lucas is going to be just as fiery as Kyle is...lucky me. :)

I've been thinking a lot about how I want Lucas' birth to go (which is good, since it's right around the corner!) My doctor told me that he would induce me anytime after 39 weeks, but I REALLY want to go into labor myself. I've had the distinct impression that Lucas is going to come early...call it mother's intuition, call it inspiration, call it blind hope--I really don't feel like I'm going to go "overdue" this time. So, I'm not going to schedule an induction, at least for now. I also have the strong feeling that I should try to have Lucas without an epidural, so I'm going to ask that the hospital staff doesn't recommend or suggest it. If I change my mind in the middle of my labor and want pain medication, I'll ask for it.

Anywho, everything else is going swimmingly. Kyle is growing faster than I'd like...I swear he learns new words/phrases/sentences by the minute! We have to be REALLY careful what we say, because he parrots everything he hears. I also think he's going to be really good with Lucas. My friends Devri and Brian came over a few weeks ago with their 6-month-old son, Michael, and Kyle absolutely LOVED him. He brought Michael toys and laid on the floor by him and didn't try to play rough or anything like that. He's always really good with our 4-month-old nephew, Atticus, too. I'm sure it'll be a little bit different with a baby who is ALWAYS at our house and monopolizes my time, but I'm encouraged...I think he'll do okay.

Cole has been preoccupied with yard work, since the weather has started to turn warm. Because the previous owner of our house was a 96-year-old woman and it sat empty for more than a year before we moved in, the yard needs some serious TLC. Cole is really enjoying being able to do his own landscaping, and he's got some pretty cool plans for the yard.

We're also switching up our pet roster. We actually let Pumpkin go last week (yes, we're kind of heartless). In the few weeks before we let her outside, she was peeing on our bed any chance she got (and yes, we do know it was her and not Chubs). I got really tired of changing the sheets 3-4 times a week, and it seemed like she just wasn't doing well staying with us, so we let her out the back door. She's pretty cute, so I'm sure someone will find her and take her home. Instead, we're taking in a bull mastiff named Babe. My aunt and uncle have been taking care of her for my aunt's brother, who moved out of state, and they decided to find a good home for her. Kyle already loves her from the few times my aunt tended him, and she's a really great dog. We figure she'll be big enough to scare any bad'uns away.

Oh yeah...I turned 25 last week. No big deal. Cole and I stayed at his hotel (the Waldorf Astoria Park City) on Friday night and had a super fabulous $160 dinner...all gratis. Grandma and Papa watched Kyle (which I think he enjoys more than being with us anyway), so we got to have an evening of relaxation all to ourselves. It was WONDERFUL.

Anyway, that's about all for now. we're getting super excited for our vacation extravaganza with my family in 2 1/2 weeks...Myrtle Beach, here we come!

4 comments:

JAEAEAJ said...

Did any of the clothes work? I don't even remember what was in the bag.....

Joel said...

Congrats on making it to 3/4ths! I really like the name Lucas, that was/is one of the front runners if we ever have a boy. I am glad to hear that you guys are doing well!

Natalie said...

awww, i haven't seen u in forever, good luck with the last 10 wks : )

Carl and Steph said...

Going natural, eh? We're aiming for that. I've had really high recommendations from the Bradley Method. Here's a link to the instructors in your area:

http://www.bradleybirth.com/GetTeachers.aspx?State=&Zip=84070&RZip=25&AC=&Name=

We'd have to travel 1.5 hours to attend classes.

I'm interested to find out how the birth goes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...