11.03.2009

No More Knives!

My blogging hiatuses...hiati...er, dry spells are becoming more and more frequent of late. This is not to say that our lives are boring. On the contrary, we have many new and exciting things happening, but all will be revealed in due course...

Anyway, the biggest news I have is that I cut the tip of my thumb off...almost literally. While making dinner on Friday night, my handy-dandy Alaskan knife slipped while I was slicing onions. I cursed (yes, I admit it), ran to the sink, and subsequently passed out. Cole had to carry me to the couch (which prompted him to observe that he didn't realize how much I weighed--the punk), where I sat, in shock, while he ran to our friendly neighborhood Walgreen's for the tools to fix me up. After some rubbing alcohol (owie!), hydrogen peroxide, liquid bandage goo, and about 3 yards of gauze I was in working order again. I didn't include a picture because, well, it would make most anyone queasy, and needless to say, I'm banned from using the Alaska knife for at least 50 years.


In other news, Kyle is my hilarious two-year-old. Yesterday I was tickling him, and he started yelling at me in protest. It took me about a minute to decipher what he was saying, but when I figured it out, I couldn't decide whether to be horrified, angry, or amused. "Amused" won out, and I laughed until I cried.



Yes, my two-year-old shouted, "I KILL YOU!" I still have no idea where he picked that up, because it's not really a common catchphrase at our house.

Halloween was pretty fun. Kyle actually knew what was going on this year, so his excitement was so much fun to watch! He wasn't so good with saying, "trick or treat," but he was a pro at picking his candy and saying "thank you." He also ran from house to house shouting, "Go! Go! Go!" Halloween is definitely more fun when you have kids.

I promise to post a picture of Kyle in his costume, because he was just too adorable for the world not to see. I had a dumb moment and left our camera in the car, so I'll have to pinch a few from my parents. Since you're all "buzz"ing with excitement, I swear it won't take a "lightyear" to get them posted. ;)

Did you get it? Kyle was "Buzz Lightyear" for Halloween! I know, I'm so clever...

3 comments:

Natalie said...

hahaha, " i kill you" ? thats too awesome!

Devri said...

Yikes! I had a similar experience, but up in the mountains. I love your posts because of your totally Jessica tone. That's funny about Kyle. I have to stop saying a lot of things that I say. Luckily Michael is too young to pick up on my bad habits that I haven't kicked yet, like saying "Shut up" all the time.

Brad and Hailey said...

Can't wait to see pictures of Buzz and I am so glad your thumb is doing okay now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...