8.11.2009

Breaking the Blogging Dry Spell

I kinda took an unexpected hiatus from blogging. I've been in an unimaginative, dispassionate place the last few weeks, which left me with topics neither quirky nor controversial about which to blog...and none of the remaining topics sounded even remotely interesting to ME. After a week and a half of vaycay and some recent happenings, my mind is cluttered with some jumbled thoughts. So, it's time for a...

STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS BLOG!
(what lucky readers you are today)

--Vaycay is wonderful! My family journeyed to the far off land of Pagosa Springs, Colorado for a week of relaxation and fun. We stayed at a Wyndham resort in a two-bedroom plus loft condo and had a total blast! All of my siblings save one were there (and his wife came, so for all intents and purposes the whole "fam damily" was there), which was nice, since that will probably be our last entire family vacation for a while, because...

--My little bro #2 got his mission call a couple of weeks ago...to Sierra Leone. If you don't know where that is, it's on the coast of West Africa. AFRICA! I don't think anyone expected a call like that. He reports to the MTC in Ghana, so my parents and he get to jump through the logistical hoops required for foreign travel for not just one country, but TWO. Good thing he doesn't leave until December--they're probably going to need all of that time to get passports and visas approved.

--Having a baby turned me into a baby. Seriously. I cry at commercials. I cry at radio jingles. I cry at warm-fuzzy news stories. Lately, I've been crying when I hear any song that reminds me of little bro #2.

--My family is the shiz. 'Nuff said.

--My one and only sister is moving in with us during her final year at BYU. I'm psyched, and not just because it'll be like having a live-in babysitter. She's the bomb dizzle. However, in order for BYU to recognize our house as "BYU-approved housing," Cole and I have to sign a paper stating we'll live the honor code. For some reason, I find that hugely amusing.

--My family is the shiz, but Cole's family (or, parts of it, at least) are acting like shiz. His family is dysfunctional at best, and, at any given time, we have at least one of his 4 brothers angry at us. Which one it is changes on almost a weekly basis. Luckily for us, we're not really mad at anyone right now, which is good, because...

--I've come to a realization that my relationship with Heavenly Father is drastically affected by my attitude toward others. I can't feel good about my standing with God if I'm experiencing anger or resentment toward someone else, even if that anger is justified. How can I expect God to forgive me if I can't even find it in myself to forgive others? Plus, the feeling of a weight lifting off my chest when I just LET THINGS GO is relief unlike anything I've ever felt.

--I don't understand the justification for being childish. I don't understand the merit in being vindictive. I don't understand the good in holding a grudge against someone far longer than either party can remember the initial offense. "I'm right, you're wrong, and I'll hate you until you admit that" is a terrible attitude to have, especially toward a family member.

--I think it's funny how people let their virtual relationships stand in for their actual relationships. I've recently had people remove me from their friends list on Facebook, which means, "I'm mad at you in real life." These are people with whom I have sparse social interaction anyway, so it's absolutely ridiculous that my feelings were HURT when this happened.

--I want another baby. Apparently, other people want me to have another baby too, because I'm constantly asked, "When are you going to have another baby?" Like it's anyone else's business anyway. I've started telling those inquisitors, "Well, Cole and I are doing our part, so it's really up to God now." There's no better way to make people feel uncomfortable than to bring sex into casual conversation.

--I still hate the word "prego." Funnily enough, the spoof blog "Seriously, So Blessed!" posted this yesterday. A-MAZING.

--Sunburn is c to the rappy. Peeling is l to the ame. I feel like a lizard right now.

I think my train of thought is derailed. Or possibly deranged. Or both.

5 comments:

JAEAEAJ said...

ah oh who is pissed off now? Are you having virtual relationship issues, I thought we talked about no more yoville friends

Natalie Sadler said...

I TOTALLY understand the "justification for being childish" paragraph. An anonymous poster (I actually know who she is, so I'm wondering why she won't just come out and post as a real user and not under the anonymous mask) is still attacking my family blog, saying things like, "you're getting fatter just sitting at the computer," or "get up and work you lazy ass" or "you're the most judgmental and hypocritical person I could know of." However, these posts mean nothing to me. These accusations and just plain rude comments are hurt only by her poor use of grammar and just plain childish comments. I thought we left those back in junior high.

Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest.

And the FB friend thing? Amen.

Brad and Hailey said...

Okay I am so glad I'm not the only one who hates the term "preggo". I also find the honor code signing funny and secretly wish my little sister was moving in with me :) And I really miss being pregnant ... I have to wait until Angela recovers fully from surgery in a year or so before I can even think about it though ;) Which is good since I think I freaked Brad out when I told him that I wanted to be pregnant again :)

Devri said...

You're funny. I hate the word prego too. I think it is really unflattering, ridiculous, annoying, etc. I think we need to get together soon. I think you're great! As for having a baby, isn't it funny how so many people think it is there business? They'll always have something to say about it, no matter what you do.

Bubba said...

I think you should write a book....the way you phrase things and the words you use are ridiculously clever...You make me laugh, and the only time I've really actually seen you throw a fit was during a family game and its halarious and to be expected...(secretly thats why I play) my sisters and I RARELY quarrel and an apology is always made before the end of the day so its nice having a dramatic quirky family where everyone is one in their own. I LOVE IT! its fun I love you.

Love your other sister Brittany

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...