5.21.2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do

This little guy...
cracks me up every day! He's really into a mimicking phase, so he copies almost everything we do and say. Yesterday I was having a bit of a frustration fit, and I walked into our bedroom to see Kyle holding my car keys, studiously trying to put them into the internet jack in the wall. Cute, but dangerous, if he should decide to try and put them into an electrical outlet. So I ran over there and said, "Seriously, Kyle?" Much to my surprise, he smiled and said "seriously?" right back to me! That was too much for me to handle, and I started laughing, which made Kyle laugh because he realized that he was funny. He also made me chuckle on our way home yesterday. I was talking to my mom on the phone, and when I turned around to check on Kyle, he had his hand up to his ear and he was jabbering away like he was on the phone, too.


Oh, and here's our nomination for the worst parents of the year award: this morning when we pulled up to McDonald's to get a quick breakfast before I had to go to work, I looked back to see Kyle excitedly signing "eat", clapping his hands, and kicking his feet with a huge grin on his face. We must go to McDonald's far too often...


(Okay, it's really not more than a couple of times a month...I promise! My kid is just too smart for his own good.)

5 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

How cute! He sounds like so much fun! :)

Ruth said...

I love that you read Brodi Ashton's blog too. It's great, huh? How'd you find it?

Cole, Jessica, and Kyle said...

I girl I kinda grew up with is her (some kind of) cousin and she recommended I read it. She cracks me up.

Danielle and the Boys said...

seriously? haha-love it!

Debbie said...

Hey Jessica, found your blog and thought I'd say hi. Kyle is too darn funny. Dont you love when you can revel in the cuteness/smartness of your kid?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...