3.09.2009

Not a Baby Anymore...

We had to make a special purchase the other day...

You see, Kyle figured out a way to get out of his crib, and rather than try and fight to keep him inside it, we opted to accept the inevitable...

and buy him a toddler bed.

He has a diaper on...just so you know.

It was easier for him than we thought it would be. When we tell him, "go get on your big boy bed," he runs over and climbs right up. I think he likes that he can get in and out by himself.

Surprisingly, he's been really good about staying in it during the night (except for a few strange times when I wake up and he's standing next to my face--a little disconcerting!). Nap times are a different story, though. I think because it's still light and he can see what's going on he thinks it's okay to climb out and play in the room. So, for now, he's still napping in our pack n' play.

It was harder for me than I thought it would be, though. I've been forced to realize just how big he's getting, and it makes me a little sad. He's not my baby boy anymore!

(This is the time where most people say to me, "Well, guess it's time to have another baby!" If you had those thoughts, keep them to yourself, because trust me, I've heard it many times.)

On another, yet slightly related note, Kyle's vocabulary continues to expand. He now says "Daddy" instead of "Dada", which is probably the cutest thing I've ever heard...unless it's his other new word, "waffle". I don't think I've ever heard of a kid saying "waffle" as one of his early words. He's also started saying "candy" and "cookie", so you can see what's important to him these days: Daddy, waffles, cookies, and candy. I'm trying to get him to say "Mommy"--no luck so far. It'll happen though, because he loves me best. ;)

I can't believe how fast he's growing. He'll be 18 months in April! Maybe it IS time to have another baby...

3 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

What an adorable bed! My sister in law told me that when one of her daughters started climbing out of the crib (and she wasn't ready to move them into a big bed) she made hobbles out of fabric so she couldn't get her leg high enough to climb out! I think the big boy bed was a great idea ;)

Danielle and the Boys said...

i LOVE that he says waffle!!! how funny is that? Yeah, I have Ethan's toddler bed set up and have been getting him used to it but haven't made the switch yet. since it also means moving him into the other room for his baby brother as well. We'll see when I get up the guts to do it. You did give me some much needed encouragement though that its possible. Everybody says its not so bad. I've been thinking I'll probably go for it in like a month/month and a half. We'll see.

By the way, he is so dang cute!

Parkers said...

We just moved Lily into a toddler bed too! It was a breeze. In fact, she hadn't consistently slept through the night since she was six months old, but the big girl bed did the trick. I LOVE the color of his bed, by the way. Cute, cute, cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...