2.24.2009

A Trip Back in Time

Saturday Kyle and I joined Jon and Aimee (Cole's brother and sister-in-law) at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. They were baby-sitting our niece, Ana, who thinks dinosaurs are about the coolest thing since sliced bread...or before sliced bread...whatever. Anyway, they surprised her with a trip to the museum, and we got to tag along. Kyle had a blast! He ran around yelling at the top of his lungs most of the time. His favorite parts were a crawl-in "cave"--I had to practically drag him out--and a paleontologist "dig" at the end of the exhibits. He got to crawl around in the sand and make a giant mess of himself. Being the scatterbrain that I am these days, I forgot to bring our camera, so I stole some pictures from Jon's Facebook page.

I decided that we should do things like this more often. Kyle absolutely loved being at the museum because there were plenty of things for him to touch. Plus, even though he's young, I know he's absorbing information like a sponge, so it's a great way to teach him things about the world. Oh, and admission for him is still free.



1 comment:

Danielle and the Boys said...

fun! don't you love stuff like this? I get a cultural pass from our library and get into the children's museum with ethan for free and he has a blast. he could go without a nap and food all day and not notice he was missing something if I let him! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...