12.04.2008

Life Goes On...

Wow, quite the lapse in substantial blogging for me!  Life has been a little crazy lately, and it's kept me away from the computer.  Here's a quick update on what we've been doing...

Cole and I have been working, as usual, but luckily for me (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it) they've cut my hours in half because the hotel is so slow this time of year.  So, I get to spend a lot more time at home with Kyle!  It's been really fun, and it really makes me look forward to a time when I'll be able to stay at home full-time.  

I've been to the doctor three times in the last two weeks for my gall bladder.  My doctor told me I have classic symptoms of gallstones, but the ultrasound I had came back negative for stones.  So, today, I had what is called a HIDA scan.  Basically, the radiology tech injected me with a radioactive isotope, and then stuck me in a scanner, where I had to lie still for 2 HOURS.  Not fun at all.  Hopefully this test will have some conclusive result.

We've got virtually all of our Christmas shopping done.  We only have to get gifts for two of my brothers and finish our shopping for Kyle, and that should all be really easy.  I'm really excited for Christmas, especially to see Cole's reaction when he opens what I got for him!  (I bet he was hoping I'd say what it was here--he's dying to find out!)

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun!  We had dinner with my mom's side of the family.  All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins were there (with the exception of one family), so we had dinner at my grandparents' church.  The highlight?  Most definitely the fabulous, homemade stuffing brought by my aunt.  I ate everything I wanted, and I still managed to lose weight that week!  (only 0.6 pounds, but hey, it's a loss!)  

Kyle continues to grow, both mentally and physically.  We've started to get him 18 month clothes, because he's too tall for all of his 12 month stuff.  He chatters all the time, and we're getting a lot more discernable words now (his best being "done").  He's finally figured out that signing means something, and he signs "please" all the time.  I think he's realized that we'll give him just about whatever he wants when he does it.  He also signs "done", "cookie", "eat", and "treat" fairly consistently.  He cut his first one-year molar and is working hard on cutting the others.  He has the funniest quirks, too.  About a week ago, after changing his diaper, I handed it to him and showed him how to put it in our Diaper Champ and turn the handle.  Now, after getting changed, he picks up the diaper and heads for the garage door (where the Diaper Champ is), and he throws a major fit if we throw it away somewhere else.  My greatest achievement to date, however, is FINALLY getting him to give me a kiss!  He walks around with his stuffed animals all the time giving them kisses, but he's too stubborn to give any humans a kiss.  The other day, he was standing on my lap and he took my face in both of his hands and kissed me!  I was pretty jazzed.  Too bad he won't do it on command yet. 

Anyway, that's all about us for now.  I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

5 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

I am happy to see that signing has worked for someone's child! I was still wondering whether I should try it or not as my in-laws haven't been very successful, but it sounds like you guys are doing great. The stuffing sounds so good right now! Mmm.

Andrew Jenkins said...

Are you still working at the Provo Marriott, or somewhere else?

The Bradys said...

Matt had gall bladder issues the first Christmas we were married. He actually ended up having surgery and had it removed - life's been great for him since!:) Good luck with that!

Cole, Jessica, and Kyle said...

I work at the Downtown Marriott in Salt Lake City now.

kaseygrey said...

HEY! I've been having what we think are gall-bladder problems too! We should be friends! I'm going in for an ultrasound tomorrow, and hopefully they can find something conclusive...

So, you going to Vegas for the Vegas Bowl? ;) I'll call you from New Orleans! lol, in all seriousness, it was a good game up until the last little bit. Hopefully the Utes will be able to represent the conference well and we'll ALL get the respect we deserve!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...