10.21.2008

A Little Catch-Up

I should probably make use of my free time, since moments like this have been few and far between lately. Kyle had his one year well child visit with the pediatrician, and he's healthy as a horse! He weighed 22 pounds and was 31 inches tall...he's my little string bean! Fortunately, he's finally big enough to sit in a forward-facing car seat!


He was pretty jazzed the first time he got to ride in it. He outgrew his bucket seat about 8 months ago, lengthwise, and he's hated facing backward--he's really big on being able to see everything that's going on around him. Unfortunately, we had to wait until he weighed enough to turn him around. Now, he's FINALLY heavy enough, and he loves being able to see Mommy and Daddy and watching everything outside the car window.


We all are enjoying the surprisingly lengthy autumn Utah is experiencing this year. Kyle was outside "helping" Cole rake leaves, and he ended up getting covered by them instead.


Kyle has recently started making what we call the "Spanky" face (like Spanky from The Little Rascals).  He's such a character!


Finally, Cole and I got the chance to go on a date last night! We spent a chunk of change and went to Body Worlds 3 at the Leonardo downtown. It was worth every penny! For those of you who are not familiar with Body Worlds, it is an exhibit of real human bodies and body parts that have been "plasticized" and preserved. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life! We saw individual organs, muscles, brain slices (my personal favorite part), cross sections of body parts...we even saw the entire circulatory system of the body! I've never been more in awe of our bodies and the intricate way they function. It made me truly grateful for a Heavenly Father who loved us enough to give us such wonderful, amazing physical bodies and who paid meticulous attention to every tiny detail when He was creating them. If you have some money to spare, I wholeheartedly recommend you go see this before it closes in January.

4 comments:

Parkers said...

Lily didn't weigh enough to sit in a front facer until she was FOURTEEN MONTHS. It was miserable. She was just like Kyle, too long for the rear facer and just itchin' to face forward :)

My mother and father-in-law bought us tickets for that body world thing for when we come for Christmas. I was a little weirded out by the thought of it... but if you liked... I'll give it a chance :)

I love your posts!

Brad and Hailey said...

He is soooo cute! I love the pictures of him in the leaves!

Danielle and the Boys said...

22 pounds? Goodness, he is light! that's exciting that he finally gets to turn around though. i totally went to the same show or similar (i can't remember what the name of it was) out here at omsi. But it also had the different stages of pregnancy and what the babies looked like. It was....interesting. But only because I knew the babies died from natural causes. Although, it was a tad bit disturbing once you got to full term babies....anyway.

clear the mind.

kyle looks dang cute in his pug costume! :)

Mergens Family said...

I need your email so I can add you to our blog readers...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...