10.18.2008

I've Had a Birthday! Shout Hooray!

Dear World,

Today was my first birthday...I'm not really sure what that means, though. Everyone kept singing and talking to me, though, and I LOVE to be the center of attention, so I think I like this birthday thing. My mommy and daddy even had a party for me, and all of my aunts and uncles, and even my great-grandma and grandpa came! My grandma made this little cake just for me!

My dad made my favorite foods for dinner: chicken nuggets and french fries! Look how yummy they looked! I've got my trusty sippy cup of milk to wash it all down, because milk does a body good! I didn't eat a ton of food because I caught a glimpse of something pretty awesome that interested me WAY more than nuggets and fries: PRESENTS! Now I'm really sold on this birthday idea.


I just HAD to get my hands on those presents! When Mommy and Daddy finally let me have them, I wasn't really sure what to do. Usually I'm not supposed to tear paper, so I was confused when they told me it was okay. So, Mommy helped me. I got a bunch of new clothes and a coat (boring!), but check out those trucks! I also got my very own four-wheeler! It makes some pretty awesome sounds that everyone (except me) is already tired of hearing. I haven't quite figured out how to push myself around on it, but I will.


Mommy and Daddy also got me this awesome fish tank full of fish! I love to watch them swim around. Daddy even put it on the desk near my crib so I can watch the fish as I go to sleep every night. It's the coolest night light ever! Now, I can't stop saying "fishie" every time I look at them. For some reason, Mom is really excited about that.

After opening my presents, Mommy INSISTED on putting this really dumb hat on me. You can see how much I liked it. I was so mad that I yelled for a long time after someone took it off, and I didn't even notice my cake in front of me. I finally calmed down once I realized the hat was gone, and then Daddy gave me a spoon so I could eat my cake--I didn't want my hands to get TOO dirty.

Oh boy, did that cake taste good. Chocolate frosting is the best! Thanks, Grandma!

After eating my fill of cake, Mommy and Daddy made me take a bath (what's with that?). Then, I FINALLY got to play with my new toys!


All in all, it was a pretty cool day. I can't wait until I get to have a birthday again! (Can it be tomorrow?)
With Love,
Kyle

6 comments:

Katie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!!! Joshua says, "Isn't it great to be 1??"

Danielle and the Boys said...

how cute is this?! and fun presents too kyle! your very own quad and fishies...awesome! looks like you guys had lots of fun. :)

The Lowe's said...

Awww... how fun! Happy Birthday to Kyle! Bradley almost had the same birthday, but his ended up being October 17th. Close enough though. :)

Jay and Natalie said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love it! It's so fun to read about you guys! And I can't believe he's already one!

Brad and Hailey said...

Congrats on your baby boy! He is so cute!

Carl and Steph said...

Kyle is SUCH a good story teller! Are you tired of your toys yet??? For your parents sake, I hope not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...