9.28.2008

For Real?!?!?!

During a particularly slow moment at work, I decided to waste time and surf the web. I came across one of THE weirdest stories I've ever seen...

How 'Bout a Double Scoop of Mama's Milk?



FOR REAL?!?!? WTF?!?!?


I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, but this is ridiculous. Obviously PETA activists have no concept of supply and demand in nature. Cows are used to producing mass quantities of milk for human consumption. If we up and decide to stop milking cows to "reduce the suffering of cows and calves", their milk production won't INSTANTLY decrease. Nursing moms--ever been engorged? We'd have countless herds of engorged cows. Wait...isn't their suffering supposed to be DECREASED?

Don't even get me started on the idea of milking HUMANS...

4 comments:

The Lowe's said...

I agree! I feel like taking a stand against PETA on this! That is just idiotic. It's taking this animal rights thing way too far... and I am a HUGE animal lover! What is this world coming to? C'mmon!

Lindsey said...

It's funny that you found this article. I was visiting my sister in Michigan last week and went to the weekly park day. One of the moms told a story. She was telling her little girl how cool it is that we get our milk from cows. Her little girl said, "No we don't" So the mother asked, "If we don't get it from cows where does it come from?" To this the little girl replied, "From mommys."
Can you even imagine being the world's milk supply? Yuck! But at least you'd get to eat whatever you wanted.

kaseygrey said...

hahaah! I saw this article the other day too! My family and I had a very interesting (and somewhat lewd) conversation about the concept of a people farm. And, coming from someone who spent a lot of time on a dairy farm as a child, it's NOT a pretty picture!

What would that ice cream even taste like?!

Cole, Jessica, and Kyle said...

Pretty sure the ice cream would taste like whatever the woman ate the day before. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...